Personal Data We Collect
We do not require you to affirmatively provide any personal data just to look at the Sites. However, when you visit our Sites, our servers automatically log your Internet Protocol (IP) address which is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet.
Registration and Subscription
When you register on the Site to create your user profile to access the full array of services provided by ARTiFACTS, you will provide your name, email
address and you will choose a password. The password is not stored in our system. For additional benefits and to maximize the utility of the Sites and
services we provide, you may also be asked to provide information concerning your organization, educational institution, company affiliations, title, professional affiliations and similar information. Providing this information is optional. We do not collect any financial information such as credit card details or sensitive health information.
Anonymous and Aggregated Information
Some of the information we collect from your visit to our Site may be anonymized and aggregated for our records and internal use. For example, our servers may automatically record information regarding which pages are accessed by you during your visit and after, and when, as well as the date on which you visited our Sites. Our servers may tell us about other websites or search engines which have brought you to our site. We use this information for internal tracking, trending analyses and other business purposes as described below.
How We Use Personal Data
The following are examples of how we may use the personal information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Analyze trends as they relate to citations.
- Create indexes for ARTiFACTS files created and for citations and attributions given
and received by individual researchers.
- Develop new products and services.
- Create and manage your account.
- Communicate with you concerning your account, updated capabilities and other
services which may be of interest to you.
- Allow you to collaborate with other clients and researchers.
- Analyze the use of our products and services.
How We Share Personal Data
- When you register for the services and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with ARTiFACTS as well as business partners and vendors providing hosting and other services for ARTiFACTS. On the user registration pages, you are expressly providing your consent to receive advertising and promotional information from ARTiFACTS and our affiliate partners. Unless you opt-out, we may share your personal information with our affiliates and partners and third parties licensed to access your personal information by any of the foregoing. To opt-out, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
- We may share your personal data with other registered users involved in similar research in order to allow you to collaborate on research projects of mutual interest only if you agree and opt in to have this information shared with other
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in and use of our Site in the form of aggregated data, such as trending analyses, overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user. Information relating to aggregated statistics will be collected through the use of third-party cookies and other third-party tracking devices.
Access and Control of your Personal Data
- Registered users have the option of accessing, correcting, updating and modifying their personal data at any time and as often as desired. Subject to verification of your identity and provided that there is no legal prohibition against doing so, we will comply with your request.
- If you desire to delete your personal data, subject to verification of your identity and provided that there is no legal prohibition against doing so, we will comply with your request.
- For all such requests, please contact us at email@example.com
- To the extent that the legal basis for ARTiFACTS’s processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the
- Please also note that, even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users.
Retention of your Personal Data
of portability of their personally identifiable information.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are typically categorized as “session” cookies or “persistent” cookies. Session cookies help you navigate through the Web site efficiently, keeping track of your progression from page to page so that you are not asked for information you have already provided during the current visit. Session cookies are stored in temporary memory and erased when the web browser is closed. Persistent cookies, on the other hand, store user preferences for current and successive visits. They are written on your device’s hard disk and are still valid when you restart your browser. We use both session and persistent cookies. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. However, if you prefer not to store cookies, you can choose to not use the Site, set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, set your browser to refuse to accept cookies, delete our cookies after visiting our Site or browse our Site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting. Please note that some features of the Site may not function properly if you do not accept cookies.
For more information about cookies and how to manage them, please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s help menu. You may also wish to refer to this website for additional information about disabling cookies from your browser: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Links to Third Party websites:
Data Security and Protection of your personal data:
We employ reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use industry standard intrusion detection and virus protection software. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open, non-secure global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, either during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers or third parties intent on harm.
Consent to worldwide transfer and processing of personal information
Children Under 13:
Our Site is not intended for the use of or targeted to children aged thirteen or under. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Site, we will delete the information from our records. Only persons who are more than 18 years old or an emancipated minor may use our Sites. By accessing our Sites, you are legally acknowledging that you are over the age of 18 or an emancipated minor. If you are under the age of 18, please exit from the Sites as you do not have the legal right to access our Sites.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Request for California Privacy Information”, we will send you a reply e-mail containing the requested information. Not all information sharing is covered by the California “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
California Do Not Track (DNT): Because there is currently no industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT, we do not currently respond to DNT signals.
Conditions of use: